Library - Reading Room
Supporting Materials for Sir! No Sir!
GIs For Peace
GIs for Peace is established among soldiers to:
1. Promote peace.
2. Work for the end of the Vietnam war, the end of the use of war as an implement of national policy, and the end of American militarism.
3. Regain full Constitutional rights for soldiers; to inform them of these rights and of the nature and functioning of the military system.
4. End institutional racism.
5. Provide a complete counseling service for all soldiers.
6. Work for better conditions for enlisted men, less rigid credit policies, and more reasonable PX and commissary prices and conditions.
7. Extend legal, medical, and educational aid to the community at large, and to help in the solution of local problems.
8. Publish a newspaper as the voice of GIs for Peace.
Gigline, vol. 2, no. 4